This survey has been used by churches to reach out to women in their congregation and their community in order to provide ministry that is Christ-centered, biblically based, and relevant to women’s lives today. If your women’s ministry is looking to offer a program that will provide opportunity for spiritual growth and meaningful mission projects, this survey will help you target the specific needs of your group.
Women’s Ministry Survey
Please take a few moments to answer these questions concerning women’s ministry at our church. Women’s ministry is about encouraging, enabling, and equipping women for the purpose of developing a closer relationship with Christ, the Church, and the community. Your input is vital in beginning a process of prayer and discernment for the specific spiritual needs of the women at _______________________United Methodist Church.
- Age: __16-21 __21-30 __31-40 __41-50 __51-60 __61-70 __71 plus
- Status: __Single __Married __Divorced __Widowed
- Occupation: ________________________________
- Preferred Time for women’s ministry meetings/events:
__Morning __Afternoons __Evenings
- Preferred Day for women’s ministry meetings/events:
__Monday __Tuesday __Wednesday __Thursday __Friday __Saturday
- Would you need baby-sitting services during women’s ministries meetings/events: _____
- Are you currently or have you been involved in any of the following at ___________ UMC?
Regular worship attendance ___
Sunday School Class ___
United Methodist Women ___
Bible Study ___
Prayer Group ___
Other (please name) ______________
- If you could have a need fulfilled by a women’s ministry program, what would it be?
(Check all that apply.)
Fellowship with women in my life stage ___
Fellowship with women of all ages ___
Introductory/short term Bible study ___
In-depth/long term Bible study ___
Single women’s ministry ___
Mentoring ministry ___
Annual women’s weekend retreat ministry ___
Special event ministry (i.e. Beth Moore, Women of Faith conferences) ___
Christian career women ministry ___
Abortion Recovery ministry ___
Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) ministry ___
Community events ministry ___
Outreach ministry ___
- If you are not currently involved in church/women’s ministry, what barriers exist to your involvement? (Check all that apply.)
Times not convenient ___
Family/Work Demands ___
Health Issues ___
Transportation Issues ___
Financial Issues ___
Nothing offered of interest ___
- What 3 things would make your life more meaningful?
Close, personal relationship with God ___
Close, personal Christian friendships ___
Learning to study the Bible ___
Setting specific spiritual goals ___
Better physical health ___
Better time management ___
Better marriage ___
Better prayer life ___
Stronger spiritual leadership in the home ___
Better relationships with children ___
Healing from past mistakes ___
Healthy finances ___
Finding a spouse ____
Career success ___
Better psychological/emotional health ___
Help with aging parents ___
Prayer/Accountability partner ___
- Do you have a “passion” for participating in a women’s ministry in your church?
- Would you be willing to serve on a women’s ministry steering team to see this “passion” fulfilled in your church? If so, please provide your name and phone number so we may contact you. If you would like this survey kept anonymous, please contact _____________ to express your interest in serving.
- What mission projects both in our community and beyond would you like to see our Women’s Ministry become involved in?
- If you could choose one goal that women’s ministries should attain, what would it be?
- Contact information (not required):
Thank you so much for your participation in this women’s ministry survey. It will be very beneficial in gathering information about the specific needs of the women in our church. It is our prayer that a vibrant, fruitful women’s ministry will glorify God and enrich the families of ______________United Methodist Church.